Nouveau Traditionalis

(noun) "new traditions"
a wanky phrase I made up to name the type of interior design I love.
what I want to create for myself and my family as we make a fresh start in life
the inspiration I want to give my daughters to embrace change and create a life they love

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day two – debris!

The demolition has begun, with all the walls and ceilings being removed from the bedrooms. Wow, is that a messy job! We tackled a stunning combination of bad 70’s fake paneling, gyprock and the 1940’s gyprock (forgotten the name, lol). Miss I wanted to keep her fake paneling. We said no.
renovation bed01
Main bedroom.
Mmmm, nice curtains! Only improved by the, ahem, lurvely wall colour.
renovation bed06
Gorgeous pine flooring found under revolting carpet (and 1940’s lino under the carpet…and 1940’s newspapers under the lino). Unfortunately this is the flooring, so it is just too cold in this neck of the woods to leave the boards uncovered. Sob. I have to wrap my head around finding a carpet I can live with – bedrooms only.
Hubs and I are desperate for some advice as to how/what sort of face-mask to wear as we both wear glasses and they just fog up?? Any ideas greatly appreciated.
More pics to come as the week progresses. Promise :)

Romana

No comments: