Nouveau Traditionalis

(noun) "new traditions"
a wanky phrase I made up to name the type of interior design I love.
what I want to create for myself and my family as we make a fresh start in life
the inspiration I want to give my daughters to embrace change and create a life they love

Monday, April 4, 2011

Packing…again

Currently my time is being eaten up by the near endless task of packing our belongings, once again.

Hubs is travelling over again later this week to pick-up a load, but I am wishing we had just hired a truck.

Oh well. Too late for that now. It probably means that some things will have to be left behind for a couple of months however, until we can do another trip over around mid-year. Those “things” probably equal my beloved books and pretties – things that were only just being unpacked from the initial move over 12 months ago. To say I am getting over it would be an understatement. Sigh.

Camera is still on the blink, but I think it may be dodgy rechargable batteries (do they stop re-charging properly after a while??), so I am buying new batteries this week to try and share a couple of pics before things are packed away.

Until then, a few pretties…

emmas_design_blog_2-via_wishyouwerehere_blog

via Emma’s Design blogg

chair_via_rue

via Rue

white-console_via_myscandinavianretreat_blog

via My Scandinavian Retreat

shelves_livingetc_via_decor8_blog

via Living Etc via Decor8

Obviously I am being drawn towards spaces that are quite light and white with some wooden and metal textures…

What are you being drawn towards lately?

 

Romana xx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I could just move picture #1 and #4 straight to my house. Beautiful. Hope all the packing and moving go smoothly for you. Day at a time.

x

Kellie Collis said...

These are divine! Love the open space. Enjoy the fabulous day, Kellie xx

Kath Lockett said...

Lovely pics...

Hmmm, what am I drawn to lately.... anywhere that's in the 'zone' for a school we'd desperately like to get into! With affordable rent.

My Secret Rooms said...

Love the pics!

I'm being drawn to pink, green and turquoise as details, for colouring! Can't get enough of it!!

TINA KENT said...

oh moving is the worst, I know exactly how you feel. Just thing you get to re-arrange your things in different ways at the new place! Good Luck Romana. LovT

karmucaycuquino said...

me encanta, todo en color blanco, mi pasión , te invito a visitar mi blog
un saludo http://karmucaycuquino.blogspot.com