Nouveau Traditionalis

(noun) "new traditions"
a wanky phrase I made up to name the type of interior design I love.
what I want to create for myself and my family as we make a fresh start in life
the inspiration I want to give my daughters to embrace change and create a life they love

Monday, November 29, 2010

Fail and frustration

Well, it had to happen sooner or later.
The big stuff-up that seems to come when one least has the energy, time or $ to deal with it.
Ours has been the master bedroom window blind.
It was a special order white timber venetian.
Our window is a slightly odd measurement wide (208cm), hence a special order. Slight problem with hubby ensuring they wrote down the correct measurement (2008mm). Oh decimal place, how I hate you today.
2080 = not 2008mm
So, no pics yet, I feel bummed about the progress. And now with Christmas, summer and a big family wedding on our doorstep, I am not sure how much progress will be made for a while.
Instead, let’s share some inspiration shall we?
bed_ishandchi_blog
Grey and white, so nice.
via Ish and Chi
bedhead-and-art_table-tonic
Loving the bedhead, bedside table arrangement and art. Gorgeous Moroccan bedspread, although I am not going for a red colour scheme.
Via Table Tonic
mirrors_fadedplains_blog
Adore the mis-matched vintage mirrors above the bedside tables, and use of small desk, lovely.
Via Faded Plains
plaid-pillows_isabellopezquesada_via_designcrisis_blog
Not usually one for plaid, but loving these pillows and the throw. Perfect for an Autumn/Winter seasonal bedroom.
Isabel Lopez Quesada via Design Crisis
Ahhh, that’s better!

OK, enough bedroom inspiration for one day. did you have a favourite? I like elements from each, so hard to pinpoint just one room in it’s entirety.
Have a great day Smile
Romana xx

(and who else actually prefers the non-cartoon smilies? I guess I just have to un-html them or something).

1 comment:

My Secret Rooms said...

Annoying with the wrong measurement. I would have been soooo disappointed.
Good thing you keep a good temper about it!

Sounds cosy with a wedding as well as the holidays, ahead.

I like the white and grey one best, if I must choose :-)
And, yes, a non cartoon smiley.
If I have to choose...!